Directorate of IT & e-Governance shall monitor and manage the eGovernance Applications and various Projects in the State. Apart from this, various other critical IT & e-Governance infrastructure shall also be placed in the ambit of the Directorate. This will include various applications.
At present, Gujarat Informatics Limited (GIL), a PSU under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), is acting as the Nodal Agency of the Government for IT related procurement (Hardware & Software).
- Gujarat State Wide Area Network (GSWAN)
- Gujarat State Data Centre (GSDC)
- Sachivalaya Integrated Communication Network (SICN)
- Sachivalaya Campus Area Network (SCAN)
- Bharatnet/ National Optical Fibre Network (NOFN)
- All Government of India funded projects
Apart from this, Directorate shall act as the nodal office for implementing the IT and e-Governance Policies of the State Government